logo FR  
clear
blanc
blanc
blanc
Saint-Jean-Baptiste blanc
Back to Quebec Back to Districts Saint-Jean-Baptiste District
blanc red blanc

    Saint-Jean-Baptiste is a district where the past and modernity are side by side. In the beginning, the district of St.Jean-Baptiste consisted of two suburbs: Saint.Jean, occupying the northern part and Saint.Louis, the southern part, just outside the fortifications.

    The current district of Saint-Jean-Baptiste is delimited by the cliff, the Honoré-Mercier avenue, René-Lévesque boulevard, De la Chevrotière street, Saint-Amable street, Claire-Fontaine street, Grande Allée and De Salaberry avenue.

blanc
Église Saint_jean-Baptiste  

  The René-Lévesque boulevard being used as limit in the suburbs is bordered of the Parliament of Quebec, of the promenade of the Prime Ministers, administrative buildings, the center of the congresses, the park of French America, the Grand-Theatre, large hotels and small trade located at the back of the Grand-Theatre towards the Cartier Avenue.

  Saint-Jean Gate, the suburb and the street are named after the Saint John fief attributed to Jean Bourdon (1601-1668) in 1640. Came to New France as cartographer and engineer-surveyor, Bourdon moved on the coteau Sainte-Geneviève.

  Mainly residential to the cliff, where many staircases and an elevator is used as bonds with the district Saint-Roch, the Faubourg Saint-Jean is crossed of is in west by Saint-Jean street, one of the oldest commercial streets to the country. Many small and particularly interesting trade are prosperous and highly respected, plus some bars,cafés and restaurants. ants and hotels make this district an interesting part of the city to visit.

blanc red blanc
  blanc blanc blanc Église Saint_jean-Baptiste
blanc
Restaurants de Saint-Jean-Baptiste Bars de Saint-Jean-Baptiste Boutiques de Saint-Jean-Baptiste
blanc red blanc
blanc red blanc
blanc
clear
  About us             Contact Site Map  
info